Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Miss America

“Though I was a Dean’s list student at Northwestern, suddenly people assumed I didn’t have a brain” (615 para 2). Well i really never assumed the Miss America contestants were dumb, but I never saw it as more than a beauty pageant. I think that is how most people view it, and even though I see it as just a normal pageant, I still love watching it. I like that the former Miss America is so against the purpose it is portraying and actually is someone who cares about more than looks.

“We’re told it’s about leadership. If it’s also about looks, then organizers should admit it, instead of capitalizing on the swimsuit competition while swearing that it is an insignificant part of the show (616, para2). Amen sister. I have never seen an overweight chick in a bathing suit strutting her stuff down the cat walk, and not that I want to, haha but, literally if Miss America is about changing the world and using your talents an brains to make a great change, there has to be something fishy going on because skinny beautiful women are not the only people making the differences.

No comments: