Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shakespeare in the Bush

“Why was he no longer their chief”

“Of course it wasn’t the dead chief. It was an omen sent by a witch. Go on” (217 7th para)
I find it very comical how they assume that the King is a heif because that is really all they know. I also find it funny how the elders interrupt Laura an think it is ok because they are elders and in their culture elders are always right.

“His question barely penetrated my mind I was too upset and thrown too far off balance by having one of the most important elements of Hamlet knocked straight out of the picture” (218 para 7). I can imagine how frustrating that would be.

This article is important in addressing that there are indeed cultural differences and it is very narrow minded and ignorant to think that you are the only person in the world who is right about everything. I am not saying doubt yourself, but take into consideration that different people, different cultures think differently, and see things at different angles.

No comments: