Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What are Homosexuals for

Talking about Gay people is a tough topic for me because I do not understand it fully. I have gay friends and ironically I go to church with all 5 of them. I have only talked with one of them though and it was mainly about why he didn’t think it was a sin and why he didn’t understand what the bible said about it. It didn’t get much deeper than that, it didn’t get to the seep dark secrets I bet he wanted to scream at me. If I were gay id want to explain everything to someone, but I personally part am to shy and part don’t want to know really.
Sullivan explains how hard it is for Gay and Lesbians in this world, and frankly I feel bad but at the same time don’t. I know that sounds a little mean but I’m honestly not for it and if it were totally acceptable I don’t think many would think about it as much before deciding that that is who they really want to be and how they want to live.

He mentions that while trying to hide their secret, they develop a love for design and art as a way of expressing themselves other than being up front. (386, 1st an 2nd para)

I felt the article was a little needy sounding, kind of pathetic. He was begging his audience to realize there is a purpose for Gays and Lesbians on this earth… but duh, there is purpose for everyone, and anyone gay or straight can possess the qualities he is claiming Gays are so good at.

No comments: